FAQ & Tips
Below are the answers to the questions most often received by Egret Bay Builders, LLC. We've also included a few tips that we hope will be useful. If you would like more information, or for the answer to any question not listed on this page, please feel free to contact us.
Q1 - Where all does Egret Bay Builders work?
We strive for excellence, and because of this we will only build in Galveston County. We feel that working outside of the area will spread us thin, and lower the quality we are able to provide.
Q2 - How long will my remodeling project take to complete?
The time required to complete your home remodeling project will greatly depend on the scope of the project as well as on the materials you have selected. The more extensive the work and rare the materials, the longer the project will take to be completed. Egret Bay Builders, will be in a better position to offer a realistic time line once we've thoroughly evaluated your project and your property.
Q3 - When is the best time to plan my home building/remodeling?
Typically, the best time to remodel your home is when home values are down, because the cost of materials as well as the cost of labor will be more affordable than when the industry is booming.
Q4 - What about permits?
Depending on your location and what is being done, a permit might be required or it may not. If a permit is required for your project, we will obtain the permit, handle all inspections, make sure everything is built to code, and that the project and process satisfies all requirements to the letter of the law.
A few tips on remodeling...
Most people hiring a remodeling expert are concerned with schedule and budget. While these are important aspects of your home remodeling project, here are the questions that many home owners fail to ask when hiring a remodeling company:
- How long have you been in business?
- Who will be assigned as project supervisor for the job?
- Who will be working on the project? Are they employees or subcontractors?
- How many projects like mine have you completed in the past year?
- May I have a list of reference from those projects?
Our Services Include
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Kitchen Remodeling
- Decks & Patios
- Basement Remodeling
- Home Additions
- Licensed and Insured. The last thing you want is a contractor to be working on your property, only to find out they don't have the proper insurance or aren't licensed to do the work, because if something goes wrong or someone is hurt at a work site, you could be held liable for the damages. Make sure that the general contractor you choose has ample worker's compensation, property damage, and personal liability coverage.
- References. The best way to ascertain if the general contractor you choose is skilled and competent enough to do the job is to ask for and verify a list of references consisting of past customers that you can contact. Customers that get what they paid for and who are happy with the job your contractor has done for them are usually only to happy to provide an endorsement on the contractor's work. Choose us, and before long you'll be on our reference list!